Monday, July 14, 2014

Home Sweet Home

Again it has been too long since I have updated everyone on what has been going on. Summer has been crazy! As you know we just went on the road trip of our lives. I plan to post one day of the trip each day from here on out. The key word in the sentence was PLAN. But before we did that, I took a vacation of my own. 
Since I have finished school forever I thought it was FINALLY time I took a trip home. It was so great to see so many friends and family! The time flew by as it always does every time I am home, but I am very thankful for the time I got to spend there. Here is the synopsis of my trip!
My flight was one interesting experience. They were late boarding our plane. They had us all go stand outside and wait. 


After about 10 minutes they opened the emergency exit in the back and all of us in the back of the plane got to board that way. Everyone else got the normal treatment. We also got to exit the plane in the same manner. It was very interesting but did save us some time.

While at home, I spent a few hours studying but found some time for fun. My parents finished their fire pit so we enjoyed some s'mores on the most beautiful evening ever. 


Summer nights were not like this when I lived in Nebraska. It was absolutely gorgeous!
We spent a few hours taking a girls' day and saw The Fault in Our Stars. I thought it was good, but oh so sad. 
I also was there for the fair but before the festivities could start the work had to be done. Jadyn and Atlee spent many frantic hours slaving away in the kitchen to finish their fair entries. I just helped taste test!











I also got to see some other things that I don't get to experience in Arizona-WEATHER!!! 


We had a nice storm roll in; I thought I better capture it. 


We are entering monsoon season in AZ but I'm not sure if we will see clouds like this.

Saturday we got to go test drive vehicles to raise money for the school. Naturally, I chose the most conservative one there...


We had a good time. Not quite like the Tesla test drive I took earlier this year, but I had much more freedom to drive where I wanted.
Atlee also had her softball tournaments while I was home so I got to sneak in a game!







Then the Sunday activities were underway and we were in full swing fair mode. We did the Fun Run Sunday morning. It was a major family affair!


Sunday night we headed to the park. We watched the band perform. They were missing many members, but they still sounded very good! I am sure this is mostly due to their amazing teacher! ;)



They also did the crowning of Miss Bertrand. Jadyn was one of the contestants, and since I missed her at prom it was so nice to see her in her prom dress.







Isn't she the cutest!?!!! :)

Tuesday was the parade. I had not been to the parade since I graduated from high school. I couldn't even tell you the last time I got to watch the parade and not participate. It was a nice change.



One of the events I was most excited about coming home for was the rodeo. I attended both nights and had lots of fun! A couple of my friends, Angela and Alyssa, joined me on Tuesday night. It was a very exciting rodeo. It was the most entries they had ever had.

































I also got to enjoy a couple quick trips to the lake. They were not long enough, but it was nice to get there for a few minutes. 


It was so great seeing so many friends I hadn't seen in such a long time. And enjoying some sweet treats with some of my favorite people! 



No comments:

Post a Comment