Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Pacific Northwest Vakay Day 7

Day 7: We made it!!!! I survived a night of camping in a tent! Are you impressed? You should be! We packed up our things and took off to explore the rest of the park via the Going-to-the-sun road. We saw some beautiful mountains,




gorgeous waterfalls,



and got stopped by lots of road construction. Here they were trying to clear one of the trails of snow so they could open it up. Keep in mind, this is JULY!! Can you imagine? It definitely made us appreciate how much work goes into this for us to get to see it.


Then we got up to the lodge and saw a few big horn sheep.




They just hung out for a while...it was pretty neat! 



Sorry, we took about 8,000 pictures here so I promise I did spare you quite a few!


 Then we drove on and saw some more gorgeous scenery.


Here was one spot we could see two remnants of glaciers. We are glad we made it here before they are completely gone!


They were doing some more road construction so Matt decided to get out and show off the vehicle he wished he was driving.


We took another hike to one of the falls. Yes that's right. I said ANOTHER hike. At this point of the trip I'm not quite sure how my legs were still attached to my body. I wish we would have kept track of the miles we put on our legs and the amount of elevation we climbed. But we didn't...So you will just have to believe me when I say it was A LOT!!





Tired legs or not, it was still beautiful!

 

On our way out we drove past a really beautiful lake.


What a great way to end our trip to Glacier, right? By this point, we were really tired. We made it to Bozeman and used this night to get recovered for the tail end of our trip. I forgot to mention yesterday before we got into the park we made a stop to grab some lunch. Outside the store a couple little guys were selling candy to raise money to buy equipment for their baseball team. They were so cute! I think Matt could have talked baseball with them all day. Nevertheless, we showed our support and headed on our way with more candy than we knew what to do with. I'll be back tomorrow! Can't wait to chat with you then. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment