Thursday, July 31, 2014

Sweet Pineapple Chicken

Hi there! Here is another simple recipe coming your way.


Here's what you need:
~2 lbs chicken cut into 1" diced chunks
1 cup pineapple juice (I bought a can of pineapple slices to use for another recipe I will share later and used the juice from that. It gave us just about the right amount.)
1/2 c. brown sugar
1/3 c. soy sauce

Here's what you do:

I defrosted chicken breasts and cut into ~1" cubes. You can also save this step by buying chicken chunks. We always only buy chicken breasts therefore it took me a few extra minutes to do this today. Either way, place the cubed chicken into your crockpot.


In a separate bowl, stir together the remaining three ingredients.


Once the brown sugar has dissolved, pour over chicken. 


Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours.


We paired ours with stir fry veggies and brown rice. Another easy weeknight meal for you!

Recipe:
~2 lbs chicken cut into 1" diced chunks
1 cup pineapple juice
1/2 c. brown sugar
1/3 c. soy sauce

I defrosted chicken breasts and cut into ~1" cubes. You can also save this step by buying chicken chunks. We just always only buy chicken breasts therefore it took me a few extra minutes to do this today, but oh well. Place your cubed chicken into your crockpot.
In a separate bowl, stir together the remaining three ingredients. Once the brown sugar has dissolved, pour over chicken. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours.

And for your added bonus, check out what I have been eating for lunch EVERYDAY this week!! If you know me at all, you know I hate to eat the same thing multiple days in a row. However, I have eaten this salad everyday. I used to make a similar pasta salad, but I saw it had bacon in it so I thought "Why not give it a try? Bacon makes everything better." And it is so true! Try it out for yourselves (I went without the green onions.) You won't be sorry. Happy Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment