Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Pacific Northwest Vakay Day 1

Well friends, here it is-today I start my journey of telling you our amazing road trip story. It was incredible. I think I should keep my thesaurus close by because I need multiple synonyms for words like: beautiful, amazing, and fun. But I am not going to do that so feel free to insert your own synonyms when you reach those frequently used words!

Day zero: I call this day zero because this was an extra day not totally planned into our trip. I came back from my amazing trip home, made some snacks, packed my bags and we hit the road. 


We got a pretty early start and were able to stay the night in California between LA and San Francisco. 

Day one: I must say, we did not get off to the best start. We had some extra time and thought we should go for breakfast at Denny's to get a good start to our road trip. We were seated almost immediately. We ordered our drinks and food as soon as we could. After about 40 minutes of waiting, we were getting a little antsy. We knew we had some extra time since we started out so early the day before. We finally found someone, not our waitress, that we could ask to check on our food. No answer...Fifteen minutes later we had mustered up the courage to tell the manager we were leaving. After a few minutes we found him and told him we had to leave. We had not been in a time crunch but were now indeed in a time crunch since we had waited over an hour to get our food. Good news-I got my orange juice for free!! We still are not sure if they had even started making our food or if it had been sitting under heat lamps for 30+ minutes. Also, maybe our waitress decided to quit after she took our order?? Not sure, but I did see a huge bug roaming around during our wait so it was probably best we did not eat there. Instead we drove through Burger King and still had to wait about 20 minutes to get our food. It was not our greatest start, but you know when they say things can only go up from here-it was true. We got to Napa 



and headed to our first winery-Silverado Vineyards. 



How gorgeous is this view?!? It was so beautiful!!!


I would definitely recommend this vineyard. It was very relaxed, but the servers were very helpful!


Then we headed to the Beringer vineyard. It is the oldest continuously operating vineyard in the Napa valley.


Since it was the 4th of July Matt thought I needed to show my patriotism. This is what we found-


Then we took a tour of the vineyard. Where we learned some very interesting facts, 



saw some really cool things, 


and were taught the appropriate way to sample wine.



Following the tour we took our own tour around the property. 


It was so beautiful!


Then we headed north. One cool thing about a road trip is you never know what you are going to see. A nice surprise, we got to see Mount Shasta. It seemed so tall standing on its own.


Sorry, the pictures are really blurry-we were driving.


That night we made it to Oregon and were able to cross off a new state for us on day one! Hope you enjoyed my first look-back onto our trip. Stay tuned for more :) 

For Day 2 click HERE.
For Day 3 click HERE.
For Day 4 click HERE.
For Day 5 click HERE.
For Day 6 click HERE.
For Day 7 click HERE.
For Day 8 click HERE.
For Day 9 click HERE.











No comments:

Post a Comment