Monday, July 28, 2014

Chicken Pesto

Happy Monday friends! I hope you all had a great weekend! I had such a good time blogging everyday the past two weeks I thought I would continue again this week! I can't promise this will continue for the rest of time, but I can do it this week! Since I am now home studying for my boards I have some extra time to try out new recipes. Coming to you this week are all new recipes I have been testing out. Let me know what you think! Today we are starting with a super simple, very tasty chicken pesto.

Here's what you need:
Chicken (we used about 5 breasts which was enough for us. You could add a couple more for a big family and still have enough sauce to cover everything. Or use twice as many thighs)
6 oz-ish jar of pesto (the one I bought was a little over 6 0z)
1 package Ranch seasoning package (not the same one I used to make the Veggie dip, the one next to it on the shelf)
1/2 c. chicken broth (Don't worry I will feature more recipes this week to help you use the whole box!)

Here's what you do:
Combine pesto, ranch seasoning and chicken broth into a bowl.


Stir until all ingredients are combined.


Place chicken into the crockpot. Pour seasoning mixture over chicken.


Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours.


That's it! You're done!! Enjoy! We paired ours with some mashed potatoes and broccoli. It was so delicious and super simple!! Matt loves our crockpot recipes. I made enough to have for leftovers later in the week as well as for most of our lunches. Usually we make chicken in the crockpot on Sunday for Matt's lunches. Last week I made this on Monday and he was able to use it on his wraps and salads all week. It was a nice flavor change up! Let me know how else you use it!


Before I go, today is a very special day to one of my very best friends.














 





It's her birthday!!!! She is AMAZINGLY talented, and for all you sewers out there she puts up quite a few tutorials on her blog Rose Gold and Red Clover. Or you can just go read about her life! In honor of her, I am posting this BONUS recipe I tried out last night that I found on one of my very favorite bloggers' websites: mix and match mama. They are Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Neiman Marcus Bars



I cannot say enough good things about them! Very simple and oh so yummy! You will forget about eating healthy for a little while with these. But it's okay, because it's Angela's birthday and we need to honor her! You have been warned-it is tough saying no to these. Enjoy, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment