Thursday, July 31, 2014

Cheesy Spaghetti

Hi friends! I have been saving this recipe for last during recipe week. As I write this, I so badly wish I was actually making it! I found a recipe here that was a slow cooker recipe. I didn't have time to put it in the crockpot so I adapted it for my own needs. And the results are totally sharable!!

Here's what you need:
1 lb your choice of meat-we used ground turkey (ground beef or even chicken would work)
1/2 t. garlic powder
1/2 t. black pepper
1 t. sage
1/4 t. cayenne pepper
1 t. oregano
8 oz. spaghetti (about 2/3 of 13.25 box)
1 24 oz. jar spaghetti sauce
1 T basil
salt and pepper to taste
1 1/2 c. colby and monterey jack cheese

Here's what you do:
Mix together first 6 ingredients in bowl.
Brown ground meat mixture as usual.
Once you get that going, cook spaghetti as your normally would.
Once the meat is cooked, drain as needed. Turn to low and add spaghetti sauce, basil, salt and pepper. Mix well and let simmer.


Once spaghetti is cooked, drain and add to pan. Mix and let simmer for 10-15 minutes. Add cheese, cover 3-5 minutes or until cheese has melted.


That's it; you're done! We liked it so much it only took us two meals to eat it. 
This ends my recipe week. I hope you enjoyed it and have found a new recipe to spice up your weeknight meals. Look for more recipes to come on Tasty Tuesday every week. Have a blessed weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment