Saturday, April 19, 2014

A Weekend of Driving

While we were living in Kansas City I remember Matt telling me about how cool he thought these Tesla vehicles were. Once he started his job in Scottsdale he found out one of his friends has a son that works for Tesla. He got us in contact with them and a few months later we got a test drive! Matt was so excited, and I must say I was looking forward to it. 


We each spent a few minutes testing out how the car works. Matt's favorite part was "opening up the throttle." He says it went 0-60 in about 4.8 seconds. 


The guy that drove with us told me I was the first person he knew to drive one with flip flops! I felt like I was on a roller coaster. It was a very smooth, quiet ride.


The car screen is huge! Everything is touch screen-the Bluetooth radio, navigation system, heater and A/C, everything. The door handles retract once the car is in drive to make it more aerodynamic or something sophisticated like that. I actually saw one on the road a few days later and thought the feature made it look pretty sweet. Give us a decade and maybe we can take you for a ride in our own Tesla. 


While we were in Scottsdale we used a handy-dandy Groupon to check out a new winery and explore Old Town and the Art District. 


 We had a great time; I think we will be back!


Sunday we took my grandparents' convertible out on the open road-i.e. through the Indian Reservation/desert.

My fabulous driver

Hitting the open road


It felt so good to get out and enjoy the open road with the top back. Normally I don't do selfies but this time I just couldn't resist.

Selfie time!

 


We enjoyed our trip on the open road, and I think we will have to head down to drive the convertible around some more this summer. Thanks for reading!




No comments:

Post a Comment