Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Pacific Northwest Vakay Day 6

Day 6: Back to our national park tour. We drove to Glacier National Park, but before we got there we had to make one stop. Idaho! Matt and I are working on a huge map that has a picture of us in each state cut out and put in place of that state on the map. We had lots of states to add on this trip. Lots of big states. So as we drove through Idaho we had to take a picture. 


I must admit I was worried it would be a boring picture, but it actually looks really cool on our map! Then we arrived at Glacier. We found a new ranger friend and made our plan. You will never believe the first thing we did. Found a campsite...


That's right. I went camping. I remember camping with my family at Calamus Lake once, and I said NEVER AGAIN. And that was in an RV. So here we are at our campsite setting up our tent. That was one wedding gift I never thought would come out of the box...


After we had the campsite set up we took off on a hike. It was gorgeous!


We saw a beautiful river,




amazing mountains,


and what could possibly be the sweetest backdrop ever.





We also happened to find a photographer at this stop; she did a pretty amazing job!


This was the point we understood why so many people can say this is their favorite national park.


So we sat and pondered this for a while...


I think this could be the neatest selfie we have ever taken.


Then we headed back to our campsite through the forest.


At the beginning of our hike we ran into a baby buck, and when we came back to the campsite he was still there. Luckily, that was all the wildlife we saw that day!


We headed up to the lodge to enjoy some pizza. Then we came back and the Eagle Scout started our fire.


Then we had s'mores! This part of camping, was not so bad...


The day was great so I thought I could make it through the night. We also had a super friendly neighbor who was you guessed it, Canadian! Come back tomorrow as we finish our time at Glacier National Park and continue our journey south.

No comments:

Post a Comment