Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Whirlwind Weekend

Hi friends! As many of you know, our weekend was jam packed!
Here was the itinerary:
Friday:
4 AM-Wake up!
4:45 AM-Arrive at airport
6:25 AM-Take off for Denver
9:20 AM-Arrive in Denver
Collect bags and wait in airport
2 PM-Leave airport
8 PM-Arrive at the lake
11 PM-Head home to get some sleep
Saturday:
7 AM-Head to grandma's to collect some things to bring back
7:40 AM-Drive to the lake
8 AM-Bike ride
12:30 PM-Leave for Colorado
5 PM-Arrive at family reunion
Sunday:
7:30 AM-Wake up to enjoy the day
3:30 PM-Head for Denver
8:40 PM-Fly back to Phoenix
9:30 PM-Arrive in Phoenix
10:45 PM-Arrive home after collecting bags and car
11 PM-Go to bed!

So that was what we did, and we drained about every minute from each hour. Even though we had a few hours to sleep each day, it doesn't mean that got done. But let me start from the beginning.
We woke up very early Friday morning and headed to the airport. We were planning on taking the light rail, but we were too early for it. We got to the airport and boarded our plane without any hassle. We got to Denver on time and were able to pick up our bags. We looked at renting a car, but the price did not seem worth it. Luckily for us, my dad had a friend driving through Denver heading to the lake. We waited and headed back to Nebraska with them! We made it safely and pretty quiet for having 5 little boys with us. It was a fun experience for both of us! We enjoyed supper with my family and one set of grandparents. It was so great to enjoy the time with them while we could.
We woke up early the next morning and headed to my other grandparents to go through some things we are getting from them. We loaded up our suitcases to take back with us on our favorite moving company, Southwest Airlines. Then we headed back up to the lake for a bike ride my mom was putting on to raise money and awareness for Lewy Body Dementia. We took pictures of the riders and then took our ride around the lake after everyone else finished.























































It didn't really cross my mind to take a family picture or have someone take a picture of Matt and me. But I did get lots of separate pictures of multiple family members! I guess that's what happens when you have a major time limit.

It was so great to see so many aunts, uncles, and cousins for a few minutes. Then I took off on my 2nd (and probably final)jet ski ride of the season :(. The water was perfect-just a little choppy!



We ate lunch and were off with Matt's family for a family reunion at another lake in Colorado. It was good to see so many people from his family because we do not get to see them much. We enjoyed the lake with boat rides, tubing, wakeboarding, and wakesurfing. We got to camp again for the 3rd time in a month. I think I am set with camping for the next two years (or so).



Again, I forgot to bring my camera with me except for this one boat ride...


Sunday afternoon we headed back towards Denver. When we checked into our flight I was nervous we would not get to sit next to each other because we got into the C boarding position. As we were going through security, we noticed a soccer team with Valley sponsors all over their shirts so we assumed they would be heading back on our plane with us. I was hoping there would be a chance Matt and I could still sit together then. We were right. Not only did we get to sit together, we were in the exit row. It was the closest I have sat to the front in a long time, and we had TONS of extra leg room! I was so comfortable I was even able to get a few minutes of shut-eye which NEVER happens when I'm flying or riding in a car. We made it back safely and were home before 11.
It was a whirlwind of a weekend, but that's kind of how we do things. Remember when we went to Kansas City for my graduation? Same type of thing. Maybe someday we will be able to head back to the Midwest and not be so rushed to see everything and everyone. Until then, we will keep up our fast paced lives and love every second of it! Check back later this week to see what else we have been up to since we have gotten back from our road trip vacation

No comments:

Post a Comment