Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Bundt Pan Pizza

Holy moly was this good!!! But then again who doesn't want monkey bread for dinner? Following Matt's first bite he said, "we are having this again!"
I found two similar recipes to this. I mostly followed this ONE from The Craftinomicon. I also found another that wrapped the pepperoni and cheese into the dough. So cool, but too much work for me! If you are feeling ambitious, you can find that recipe HERE. Here is my recipe for bundt pan pizza.

Here's what you need:
1 can of biscuit dough that makes 8 biscuits (I think I used Grands flaky layers)
1/4 c. butter (1/2 stick)
1 T. garlic salt (if desired)
your favorite pizza toppings (we used pepperoni and bell peppers)
~1/2 c. shredded cheese
pizza sauce (I recommend this one or something similar that is easy to reuse)



Here's what you do:
Open biscuit dough and cut into pieces. I usually quarter my dough when making monkey bread but actually cut into 6-8 pieces for this since I was only using one can. It worked well this way.



Melt butter and stir in garlic. Now is a good time to start preheating your oven to 350°. Grease your bundt pan. I then placed a few pepperonis into the pan.

Next, dredge biscuits through butter mixture. 


Begin assembling pizza toppings into bundt pan. Like I said, I put a few pieces of pepperoni down first. Then I did a layer of biscuits. Mine did not fill up the pan like they normally do when making monkey bread since I cut them smaller. Then I added a layer of toppings-pepperoni, peppers, and cheese. I did not measure my cheese, I just grabbed a couple handfuls. 


I did another layer of biscuits followed by another layer of pizza toppings and was out of dough at this point. If you have more, keep going!


Bake in oven for 30-35 minutes or until dough is golden brown. Let sit in pan for a few minutes then flip onto plate. 


Serve with pizza sauce. As I mentioned earlier, we use the pizza squeeze. It is easier to reuse when we are making our individual pizzas, and it worked perfect for this! You could definitely layer the sauce into the pizza (use about 5 T.), but make sure you increase your cooking time to avoid soggy biscuits. I wasn't sure how long it would take so I used it as a dipping sauce instead. Plus, it was way more fun!


We both ate more than our share and it lasted us two meals. I would say you can serve 4-5 adults with this recipe. You could very easily double it because you will probably have the pizza toppings for it. Ours did not expand to fill the pan completely but another can of biscuits may have overflowed it since you are adding pizza toppings in the middle. I would recommend two bundt pans if you are doubling the recipe. Let me know what happens if you double it!

Your bonus recipe this week again comes from Mix and Match Mama. Are you beginning to sense a trend here? She is our new go-to for desserts. These were again very simple and so yummy. They only require a few ingredients. Here you have, Marshmallow Cream Crunch Bars. 


Enjoy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment