Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Honey Sesame Chicken

Hello friends! Another Tasty Tuesday coming your way. I found this recipe and it sounded really good. I adapted it, and this is what I came up with. It is basically another spin-off on my crockpot chicken recipes. If you would like to see the original recipe click HERE. It looked very tasty also!

Here's what you need:
~1 lb frozen chicken
1/3 c. honey
1/4 c. ketchup
1/4 c. sugar
2 T. vinegar
2 T. soy sauce
sesame seeds to garnish
Optional: green onions for garnish
*Tip: I also made another batch of sauce to pour over the chicken just before serving. Use the following measurements for every two servings:
3 T. honey
2 T. ketchup
2 T. sugar
1 T. vinegar
1 T. soy sauce


Here's what you do:
Place chicken in crockpot on low setting. Mix together all other ingredients except the sesame seeds and green onion. Pour over chicken.


Let cook 6-8 hours on low or 3-4 on high. Apply extra sauce and garnish when ready to eat! I served mine with rice and green beans. WHAT!?!?! I know. I know. I know. I have ALWAYS hated green beans, but not if they are straight out the the garden which these were or looked like they were. So that is good enough for me! The chicken had a really good flavor and made awesome leftovers for wraps and such.


In addition... 


HOLY MOLY!!!! I found this recipe again from my new favorite blogger mix and match mama. She calls them cinnamon rolls with 2 frostings. I call them heaven! 


They were SSOOO easy, and they taste like they came from a bakery. We enjoyed them for a Sunday breakfast, but I am sure they would be amazing any time of day. They also made great leftovers slightly warmed in the microwave. Enjoy, friends! 

No comments:

Post a Comment