Sunday, May 18, 2014

As we go on, we remember

We headed back to Kansas City this weekend for my graduation from occupational therapy school at Rockhurst University. It was such a quick trip; I wish we could have been there a little longer. We made sure to have fun while we were there! Friday night our class was honored with a banquet. It was so great to see everyone again!


One good thing about going to school with all girls, everyone looked beautiful for the occasion!


This program brought me so many great, new friends. I hope many will stay in my life forever.
  

So the last time we had to dress up for an OT event (capstones) Angela and I took pictures in theme with our outfits which last time was Christmas. This time we chose Spring. Angela represented a growing new flower, and I was the water.


Look at her grow!


Then, since we were in Kansas we also had to add a little Wizard of Oz so I transformed into Dorothy with my Ruby Red heels and Angela was the cutest Toto ever.



And then it was graduation day in downtown Kansas City! There were many times I didn't know if this day would ever come.






How lucky was I to get to sit next to my best friend in OT school during the long graduation ceremony?


It's official! I got my hood. I am now an MOT.


Thanks to this handsome man for being there for me through everything. You can now call me Master Alexa!


After three graduations, I FINALLY got to throw my cap into the air!


A special thanks to my family for helping me celebrate my special day! We missed you, Jadyn!


Also thanks to my in-laws for coming to celebrate with us as well. We were short on girls with Jadyn and Erica unable to come.


A HUGE thanks to my parents for all of their support throughout the years. I could not have made it through 20 years of school without their love and support!


Me & Nola! The college kids


 I still forget how fast she is growing up! Thanks for all the visits, At. You always know how to make me laugh!


Okay, how awesome is my mom?!? She brought me an Eileen's cookie cake. They do not make these nearly as good anywhere else-I've checked. And check out this necklace! How adorable is this?!? I'm planning on going into pediatrics so the mini hand print was the perfect touch!


Saturday was also my cousin Matti's graduation so I made this for her. Hope she likes it! I thought it would be a good way to commemorate her special day. I definitely do not remember all our "class items" we chose for graduations. And it might make a good dorm room decoration this fall!
What a wonderful weekend it was. However, we are glad to be back in the warm weather! Thanks for reading! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment