Monday, August 18, 2014

Andrew Visits

This past weekend Matt's brother Andrew came to visit. It was great because we didn't get to see him a couple of weeks ago with the rest of Matt's family. Matt was busy working so I got to spend a couple of days with Andrew!
After I picked him up I took him to In-N-Out. He said if that was all we did the whole time his trip was most than worth it! So either I had set up some big expectations or my job was already done with him being there in the first 30 minutes. After lunch we took a trip over to Mesa Riverview Park. It was SUPER hot, but we still did some climbing.


















That night we took him up to Rustler's Rooste for a great view of the city accompanied by some excellent food. I had the BEST prime rib!
Friday morning Matt took Andrew golfing before he headed to work. It sounds like they need a little work on their game, but had a good time either way. Then I took Andrew to the Phoenix Park 'n Swap. I had heard great things about this place, and this was the first time I could get there. It totally lived up to its expectations. I will definitely be back! It is basically a huge garage sale, and we know how much I love those! ;)


Then I took him over to Papago Park to see the Hole in the Rock. It was very hot!



Andrew decided to chase the biggest swan I've ever seen.


Saturday we took Andrew up to Sedona to take him hiking and cliff jumping. 


Matt took him to his "rock throwin' spot" to throw rocks down to the creek at the bottom.
After an hour or so of hiking in 100*+ weather, we got to the "pool". It is so pretty.



Then the boys did some cliff jumping.



Love the photobomber in the back!




They started getting brave and decided to go for the big jump.








Check out the next Phil Dunphy in the making-my husband!



Matt was taking tips from a pro up on the higher rock. 


This guy was not with us, but he was pretty talented. So I went ahead and took pictures of him doing a backflip!





Pretty cool right? And then it was Matt's turn.







They jumped from all different angles. 










After we made it back to the car (again, HOT!!!) we headed into Sedona and took Andrew to the Chapel of the Holy Cross for the view. 


No matter how many times I go there I will still be in awe of the beauty.



We went to dinner at a local Italian restaurant, Troia's, and I must say they were the nicest people ever! We were still in our hiking clothes and just wanted some pizza. This was a pretty nice white tablecloth restaurant. We felt really guilty, but they were so nice. I feel like most people would be rude to us, but the hostess and server treated us so well!!! If you are ever in Sedona we totally recommend it! The food was amazing, too!!!
We hope Andrew had a good time while he was here. It was just about as hot as it could get while he was here, but hopefully it was a nice trip before he goes back to school. I'll be back tomorrow for another Tasty Tuesday. See you then!!

No comments:

Post a Comment