Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Philly Burgers

Hello everyone! Hope you all had a relaxing Labor Day. I will put up our weekend adventures tomorrow! Before we took off for our weekend, we made these-Philly Burgers. We kind of stumbled into making them and may be tweaking them in the future. They were good so I thought I would share them with you now!

Here's what you need:
1 pound ground beef (or turkey or chicken)
Burger seasonings: we used seasoned salt, a little chili powder and a touch of cayenne pepper
~1/2 cup chopped green peppers
~1/3 cup chopped onions
4 slices of Swiss cheese
4 buns
Additional burger toppings of your choice

Here's what you do:
We tried this two different ways. I will give you both and you can decide how you want to make them. 
Method 1: 
Prepare ground beef by mixing in seasonings, peppers and onions. Form into four patties. Cook burgers with your preferred method. Just before removing from grill, top with Swiss cheese. Remove once melted.
Method 2: 
Mix seasonings into ground beef. Form into four patties. Cook as normal. Add Swiss cheese just before removing from grill.

Toast buns (if desired). Top burgers with additional toppings. (For Method 2 add peppers and green onion at this step). Serve and enjoy! Matt used Method 1 for his burger, and I used Method 2. We both enjoyed them the way they were. Although, I wouldn't mind giving Method 1 a try next time! Let me know which one you choose!



 For your BONUS recipe this week I thought I would highlight another great weekend food, my salsa recipe. It's so easy! And so delicious!! You can use it for just about anything-even topping your burgers!!


Enjoy friends! Talk to you all tomorrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment