Tuesday, October 15, 2013

BBQ Chicken Pizza

BBQ Chicken Pizza (for two)

Matt loves, I mean LOVES pizza!!! If he could eat it for every meal, he definitely would. He also thinks that since we live in Kansas City we need to eat BBQ ALL THE TIME! However, with our healthy eating plan we know both of those suggestions are not good ideas. We used to make our own personal pans with pre-packaged pizza crusts. They were awesome but high in calories. So I came up with a solution-use tortilla shells! It's kind of like thin and crispy crust. It's less calories, and we think it tastes just fine. In fact, this has become a weekly staple in our meals. Also, like all my other recipes, it's super easy! I gotta tell you, it's so much easier and faster to cook these healthy meals compared to the food I used to make. Try out our recipe and let me know what you think!

2 medium sized tortillas
4 T BBQ sauce
8 oz cooked chicken-seasoned with BBQ seasoning
veggies of your choice (I used some minced onion and bell pepper-always bell pepper for Matt!)
2/3 c shredded cheese


Place tortilla on baking sheet and top with 2 T of sauce each.





Tonight I was waiting for Matt to cook the chicken so I put the veggies on first.



Then I added the chicken.



Top with cheese



Bake at 350 for 10-15 min (until the cheese melts)



Tada! Another super simple, great tasting recipe!
(I have no idea why my pictures are coming in vertically. So sorry, I'm basically computer illiterate.)

Calories per pizza: 440

Variations:
Pepperoni Pizza 420 calories
Chicken Ranch Pizza-be careful of the extra calories in the ranch! ~500 calories if you follow this same recipe so you may have to reduce the amount of ranch or cheese used.

No comments:

Post a Comment