Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Honey BBQ Garlic Lime Chicken

Here is another twist on a slow cooker chicken recipe. I bet you will never guess what is in it! I was really original in coming up with the title...

Here's what you need:
Approximately one pound of frozen chicken breasts
2 T. ketchup
4 T. BBQ sauce
2 T. honey
1 big T. minced garlic
2 T. lime juice
Optional: 1/2 c. chicken broth

Here's what you do:
Place chicken into crockpot. Mix together ketchup, BBQ sauce, honey, garlic, and lime juice. Pour mixture over chicken. 


Pour chicken broth over chicken. (I added it this time because we had some sitting in the fridge. You could add this to any slow cooker chicken recipe I have. If you don't have it, I'm sure it will be fine without!) Cook on low for 6-8 hours or 3-4 hours on high. 


Serve and enjoy! We also topped the chicken with a little extra honey for some added flavor. The first night we ate it with some noodles. The second time we had it with rice and broccoli. Both options were great!


For your bonus recipe this week I have another main dish for you I found from Shay. I made this Sausage and Corn Chowder last week. 

(Photo found on mixandmatchmama.blogspot.com)

Yes, I know it is still 100°+ degrees here, but it is September so I thought it was okay. I thought it would last us two meals, but it did not at all. We loved it!!! Try it for yourselves! We have already had it twice and will definitely be having it more this fall and winter. Have a great day friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment