Wednesday, September 10, 2014

First Fridays

So the First Friday of every month they have this cool art night downtown and throughout Phoenix. We didn't really know what to expect, but one of Matt's friends goes quite often and kept urging us to go. Well after living here for nine First Fridays we made it to our first one! I threw on a conglomerate of colors and we headed out!


It started at 6 so I was STARVING!!!! Luckily there were food trucks galore! I opted for a grilled cheese. I didn't order anything fancy, but it got the job done. 


It was HOT!!!! SO HOT!!!! We toured a few of the indoor galleries hoping to cool off, but some didn't even have A/C! We continued walking, and as the sun went down it got much better.
We turned down one street and found where it really came to life. There were tons of old houses that had been turned into galleries, shops, and bars. It was pretty hipster. Some of the art was a little creepy, but it was interesting to check out nonetheless. Sorry this picture is really dark, but I hope it gives you a pretty good idea of what was going on. I think this house had some music blasting to the outside to keep us entertained.


This is a good representation of what was going on. This house covered in grafitti with a band playing outside about sums up the night. Not totally our scene, but a new interesting way to spend a Friday night.


One lady was selling these cool lamps she made from musical instruments. They looked pretty awesome, but I am sure much more than we would like to spend. My favorite place was this little glass shop. How cute are these?!? The shop is open all day so I my be back! They also have glass blowing classes in the store-how fun!!!


I think when it cools off here, so maybe November....we will try it out again. We only checked out one area of the art walk. I think next time we may have to go see some more places.

No comments:

Post a Comment