Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Surprise Weekend Home

I am taking a break from Tasty Tuesday this week. I have some other things I need to get you caught up on first. Many of you know I made a quick trip home to Nebraska to see my family and surprise Jadyn. 
Since they are now charging for carry-on bags I thought I could attempt to get all of my things in a "personal item."I did it!!!


Can you believe it?! FOUR DAYS worth of luggage in that little bag!! Normally I take at least twice as much for an overnight trip.
My parents picked me up from the airport and took me to eat at Flippin' Sweet. It was just as yummy as I remember. We made it back home before the girls got back from school. Jadyn was definitely surprised to see me. Everyone else had figured out I was coming back so it was nice to surprise someone! It was senior night so I helped my mom get some things prepared for it. We hung signs on their lockers.


And got some cookies for them to share with the team (and their family!)


Here we go, pictures galore!












Family pic! 


These made it home so we got to enjoy them!




On Friday evening I was planning on meeting Angela in Grand Island to catch up. Well my dad had other plans. He was flying to somewhere in eastern Nebraska for a meeting during the day and asked if I wanted to come with. Luckily, Angela was super flexible and made it work! We ended up landing in Wahoo. We thought we needed a selfie in front of this mailbox. How cute, right?! I'm not quite sure what Wanahoo Aviation is....Maybe they had a couple extra letters so they decided to throw them on the mailbox...


After she picked me up we headed to Nebraska Crossing. It is such a great place! Freezing, but awesome. Franscesa's had just opened. Over half of the store was $14.98 and under. If you Nebraskans are free this week you should totally go check it out! I wish we could have stayed longer, but it was very fun while it lasted.
And she made me this adorable luggage tag. How cute is this?!? She is so talented and makes it looks so easy!!


It was so good to see her. I wish she lived next door...Maybe someday...
We headed back to Phelps County, but first we had to take a little airplane selfie. I asked my dad if he was upset...


He said no...

Saturday we hit up more volleyball with a tournament in Loomis. We got to watch another Elwood vs. Bertrand match-up as well as two other games.







They played so great!! It was very enjoyable to watch. They ended up winning the whole tournament!




Look at those seniors!


I got to watch four games and four wins. A totally successful weekend I must say.

That night we went uptown for a game of pool.




Turns out Jadyn's and Atlee's pool game is just about as good as mine...


We ended the night with a big round of Scattergories. We had some real interesting answers that led to lots of laughs.


Sunday the whole fam took me to the airport.


 It was such a blessing to sneak in another visit home before I start working. I was also sure to get in lots of eating out, seeing almost my whole extended family, and a little boutique shopping in Holdrege.
Come back later this week as I recap the flood we had last week.

No comments:

Post a Comment