Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Christmas Card 2014

Merry Christmas


We hope you are all taking time to enjoy this wonderful holiday season! It comes at a great time to be thankful for what has happened and look forward for what is to come. For us, it has been one eventful year. We spent last Christmas at the most magical place of all, Disney World, with my family. It was so great! You can read more about that HERE. We then immediately made the big move to Phoenix and even celebrated our first anniversary apart. It was a year to remember! Join us as we recap it-brought to you by the number 14!



F is for Fieldwork
I finished all my schoolwork and started my fieldwork experience. I completed two internships-one at a skilled nursing facility and the other in pediatrics. I fell in love with my second one and ended up taking a job with them.
Our weekdays were filled up but we took advantage of the perfect climate and spent most of our weekends hiking.


You can read about some of our hikes HERE, HERE, HERE, or HERE.

O is for Options and Stocks
Matt began his first career in finance. He spends most of his time helping clients. Throughout the year he got the chance to help teach the Series 7 and 63 to some new employees. Often around the dinner table I learned more about stocks and options than I ever thought I could.

U is for University Studies Complete!
In May we headed back to Kansas City for my graduation. I am DONE FOREVER!!! You can check out the recap HERE.



R if for Relaxing
We spent Memorial Day in San Diego relaxing on the beach and seeing the sights. You can read all about it HERE.


T is for Trip on the road
This summer we took a really cool road trip to the Pacific Northwest. If you didn't catch my posts on that start HERE.


E is for Equip
After a nice long vacation we came back to reality. Matt got back to work and I spent the next month equipping myself for boards by studying, studying, and more studying. The following month was spent waiting on my test results and licenses to come in. After receiving good news I got a start the career I have been wanting since I was 12.
While we were waiting for my license to come in, we took a trip up to Flagstaff. One of Matt's co-workers talked us into hiking the tallest peak in Arizona...Needless to say, we have taken a long break from hiking since then! You can check that out HERE.

E is for Excitement
This fall we added to our excitement and bought a house! You can read about that HERE and HERE.



N is for New Responsibilities
A few years ago Matt and I completed 25 x 25 bucket lists-25 things we want to do before we turn 25. One thing on my list is to host a major holiday. I got to practice at Thanksgiving hosting my grandma, grandma and great aunt and uncle. You can read about that HERE. I get to try a little bigger crowd at Christmas! I am so excited!

Here is to wishing you and yours the most blessed holiday! And don't forget the reason for the season. We have enjoyed a few visitors over the past year and are definitely excited for more. Let us know when you are up for a little adventure!! As always, you can follow my blog by typing in your email address at the sidebar under the heading "Follow my Blog." You will receive an emailed copy of every blog post I write. Talk to you all in 2015!



Isaiah 9:6-7
For unto us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.  Of the increase of his government and peace there will be no end. He will reign on David's throne and over his kingdom, establishing and upholding it with justice and righteousness from that time on and forever. The zeal of the LORD Almighty will accomplish this.

No comments:

Post a Comment