Sunday, March 23, 2014

March Madness

I must say we are LOVING Mesa in March! The weather is always gorgeous!!! My grandparents left this week so we are now on our own for weekend meals. My aunt DeDe flew down to drive them back home after my family left last week. It was very nice to see her again but sad to see them all go. It was great having them down here, but I suppose this is a sign we now need to go make some friends our own age. 
We took another Saturday to go explore this beautiful part of the country we are living in. Again, we were mesmerized by the natural beauty of this place. This week we journeyed to Tom's Thumb in Scottsdale. Matt can see this from work everyday and asked a colleague about it. His friend recommended the hike so of course we jumped at the opportunity. What was so cool about this place was that we were really able to get away from the hustle and bustle of the city and just see nature. Instead of looking out to the city and desert we saw mountains and what appeared to be colder weather. We even thought to bring a real camera this time instead of just my phone. Be prepared for a little picture overload, we were in love with this place, and I got tired of carrying the camera which means Matt had it. And if anyone has been around Matt when he has a camera...well you don't need to be there because he documents EVERYTHING!!!










Hiking, hiking, hiking. My legs are very sore today!



Here is what is referred to as Tom's Thumb. From Matt's work it looks man-made compared to all the other mountain peaks around it (which you cannot see from this picture...)

 




There are always such beautiful things to look at. So luckily, I take lots of breaks to catch my breath and take in the beauty.



Almost there...

We finally reached Tom's Thumb. Obviously, it is not fake.










 We were also told you could see Fountain Hills along this hike. It is home to the world's fourth tallest fountain that shoots up once every hour. We just so happened to walk by a place you could see it when the fountain was turned on.



Off in the distance we also saw four peaks. We are hoping to hike this during the summer once the weather is too hot to hike here and finally warm enough up there.


 Saturday night we went to Lady Antebellum!! It was at Ak-Chin Pavillion which was really cool. We bought lawn seats because they were much cheaper. Turns out, it was really fun! We brought a blanket and could lay and listen to music and look up at the stars or stand and enjoy the fun. Kacey Musgraves and Kip Moore opened and were also really fun. My throat is a little sore today from so much singing! Next time, maybe we should choose a band we don't know the words to all their songs! We took some pictures during the concert but they really didn't turn out that great. If anyone is going to Lady A in Omaha this week, enjoy! It was a lot of fun!!

(And yes, I cut my bangs because I was tired of looking at my forehead all the time.)

Since I did title this post March Madness, I would like to point out some highlights on my bracket. There is no need to see the rest of my bracket, since I already dropped to third in my family bracket challenge in the first round. But just look at these upsets!! Mind you, Tennessee was a play-in game. Let's go Vols!


This will be my last week at my first fieldwork site. I can't believe it has been 12 weeks already! I will miss my current place but look forward to new adventures! Hope everyone had a great week!


No comments:

Post a Comment