Monday, March 31, 2014

Halfway Done

I forgot to add this earlier. Last Sunday we took a little bike ride on our local path. Right in the middle of our ride this is what we found.....

                                              
Yes, you are correct, those are pigs. Where are we?! If I saw this driving around back home, I would not be surprised one bit. But in the middle of the city? Is this even legal????? Anyways, we thought it was comical so we thought we should share.

I finished my 1st Level II fieldwork this past week. YAY!!!!!! One step closer to quit being a student forever!! I definitely learned a ton, but am looking forward to my next place. My supervisor gave me a book I am really looking forward to reading and my other supervisor gave me a gift card. I also had some really awesome patients I will miss dearly. Of course, they will eventually leave too; I just had to leave before they did. One room of my patients brought me flowers for my last day. How sweet are they?!? I was so shocked; it was incredibly nice of them. 


Of course we had to celebrate my fieldwork being over. We did go out for some BBQ with Matt's aunt and uncle. After living in Kansas City, we know good BBQ. I have to admit, now I am always a bit skeptical to try BBQ. But holy cow am I glad we went. It was incredible!!!!! It rival OK Joe's (my personal favorite in KC). We will absolutely be taking all of our guests to Waldo's BBQ in Mesa from now on. Even better, it's so close to us!


Also, how cute is this Mason Jar? And I highly recommend the strawberry lemonade.

Sunday, we did take a chance to head out for some hiking. We headed over to Papago Park to hike around. We didn't hike up anything but just enjoyed the weather and gorgeous views.


This red rock is incredible. It is the only like it in the whole valley. We also ran into a roadrunner while we were out. 


I just finished day one of my second fieldwork, and I think I am going to LOVE IT!!! I also enjoyed some sun at the pool. So next time you see me, hopefully I am a little more tan. Happy Opening Day! Thanks for reading! 

Also, be sure to check out a new recipe I found-Taco Turkey Casserole. It was super easy, healthy, and really tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment