Sunday, March 16, 2014

#HighFamilyVakay

Yay!!! My family came to visit!!! We were so excited to have our first guests come to see us since we've moved. Plus it had been a while since I had seen them! They got here early Thursday morning so I could pick them up from the airport before work. 

They look pretty excited!!


Thursday night we took them out to eat at The Chuckbox in Tempe. It was good. Friday after work we went out to South Mountain once again. Are you catching on that we like that place? Atlee read my old posts and saw I mentioned if anyone came to visit we would take them up there and make s'mores. We did precisely that. Here is our view of the city.



My Eagle Scout husband got our fire going.



The lighting was not great on all of these with my phone, but you get the idea!



Then we headed out for some Authentic Mexican in Mesa. Atlee ordered a lemonade, and she got it in a fancy margarita glass. 


Friday night we had our first overnight guests at our apartment! We do not have an air pump for our air mattress. Last time we blew it up we used my hair dryer which has since broken. We were about ready to give up and go buy a new air pump when we decided to try the vacuum. We decided it went much quicker, and one section of carpet got really clean!


Here she is. Got enough pillows??


Our first guests! Hope they enjoyed their stay!


On Saturday morning we took my family to our favorite thing-mountain hiking. They had been up Camelback with me a few years ago so I thought we would try this one this time. It is not quite as tall as Camelback, but the trail in longer-still pretty challenging!





A great track workout for Jadyo.


Look at these awesome parents who made it to the top!




The whole family on top of Piestewa Peak. We made it!!! Missed having you, Nolan.


Headed back down the mountain. We saw one guy with an oxygen mask on that climbed up and down 5 times in one morning. We thought once was enough, and I was very proud of everyone for making it the whole way up.
The afternoon we headed to Salt River Fields at Talking Stick for some Spring Training action.



Are you seeing how many people are in the stands? It was crazy!!!



Rockies vs. Angels, record attendance! It was so packed!!


It went into extra innings and then ended in a tie...But at least the Rockies didn't lose.
Saturday night we rode the light rail to downtown Tempe. It was Spring Break so luckily there weren't tons of people down there. 
Sunday morning we took my family out for brunch and to Mesa Riverview Park. We FINALLY got to climb this huge jungle gym! 



It was much higher than I expected!


I gave up, but Matt made it to the top!



His view of us and the rest of the park!




These two climbing the other jungle gym. It was so good to see them!


As we were dropping my family off at the airport, this thing pulled up behind us! Apparently he is a photographer and travels all around the country. He has all kinds of figurines attached to his Jeep. It was kinda cool, but very interesting.
It was so nice to see my family again, and I hope they had a great trip. Come see us again anytime! Can't wait for another great #HighFamilyVakay


No comments:

Post a Comment