Saturday, March 1, 2014

Mountains, Mountains and more Mountains

Sorry this post is a little old. Here is where we were last weekend. I ran out of time over the weekend and got home late all week. So it is just coming up now!

Gold Canyon

On Saturday we visited Matt's aunt Callie and her husband, Ben, in Queen Valley. We had a great time visiting with them. They took us jeeping in Gold Canyon which is basically their backyard. I was a little scared going over some of the hills, but it was pretty cool. 



The views were pretty awesome. I took these pictures on my phone so of course they don't really do this place justice. But hopefully you can get somewhat of an idea!


We found some more mountains we need to climb!








Look at this saguaro!!! It's huge!


Once we got to the highest point, more fun began. We did some golfing in the desert. It was pretty fun hitting the golf balls. Picking them up however.....not so great...




Ben has been making the coolest backyard. He has done tons of masonry work! It's so cool, I can't even describe it. We sat beneath the open sky next to his fire pit. You can barely tell, but the fire is all different colors. There was brilliant blues, greens and purples!


Mesa Riverview Park

So they just built a new spring training facility for the Cubs in our neighborhood. They also have a huge park that they built along with it. We went bike riding there two weekends ago and last week took a walk around. I thought I should share some picture of this neat place! Last time we were there there were TONS of people!! This weekend, again TONS of people! We are guessing well over 1,000. Some people had even hired a band to play music at one of the picnic areas! There were tons of grilling, bikes and kids galore!
Here is the water station. Keep in mind, it is February. I can't imagine how many people will be in here come summer.


They also built this really cool jungle gym. I have been dying to climb it, but as you can tell, there isn't usually a lot of space! I keep driving by it, and if there is ever less than 10 people on it at one time, I'm going up there!


And of course, there is the boardwalk. How gorgeous is this view??!!?!?


The colored fountains are also neat. There were SSOOO many people! I was trying to get a picture with no kids in it, but the girl on the right was really busy modeling on the side for a good 10 minutes so I gave up.


We are still loving our time down here. I have been working crazy, long hours, but it is nice to have the weekend to go see some things instead of studying all the time. Matt is still loving his job and getting ready for his Series 7. Soon the weather will be getting really warm here. We will enjoy what we have now!
I will leave you with this beautiful February Sunday evening sunset.


No comments:

Post a Comment