Monday, March 10, 2014

Lunch with a view

One great perk about living in Arizona, no time change. I feel like we even got to "fall back" an hour. Maybe it was because the rest of the country was"springing forward" or maybe it was just because we went to church Saturday night so I didn't have a reason to get up early Sunday morning so I actually felt rested!

For those of you that follow my blog religiously, you may recognize this place from this post. Yes, we have been here before.


Then again, all of my posts look pretty similar because they are all of Phoenix mountain ranges. It is just so beautiful here; I can't get over it.


Thus, more mountain pics. 


We have been wanting to take a nice long hike which included us packing a lunch. So Saturday morning we set off for South Mountain. 


This time we chose the Guadalupe Range on the southeast side of the park. This mountain range is so big for being in a city, in fact it is the largest municipal park in the US.


Of course we got lost. Any hike that takes us more than two hours is an automatic: we are going to get lost. 


I have no idea how this hiking the Grand Canyon thing will go...Maybe we should look at a map for once before we go.


Check out the new Camelbak Matt got for me. I love it! We almost look like official hikers now!


Our view at lunch. We did hike one of these trails to get up here. Couldn't tell you which one...




Is this real life?



On our trip down the mountain, we got lost...Big surprise...We ended up in this really cool ravine. It can't be that bad when you have views like this, right?!?


Check out our new friends!! Hehe, can you see the faces on these cacti? (Click on the pictures to enlarge them if you can't, especially the second one). The woodpeckers down here have quite the sense of humor!



Even though we got lost, it can't be that bad when you have views like this! I also put sunblock on twice and still got sunburned. Nevertheless, I think we will be back for more!

I never uploaded a post from last week. I guess we didn't do a whole lot. We had some friends come down which was very fun, and it also rained A TON so we didn't get a chance to hike!!! I also think we were finally catching up on some long overdue sleep. Apparently there was also a tornado exactly one mile to the east of us. Luckily, we weren't home and had no idea it happened until we were flipping channels and saw it on the news the next night. We thought there wasn't supposed to be any severe weather in Phoenix, another great perk of living here...I guess it was the lowest number on the tornado scale so it barely counts.
I did finish my wreath


And Matt finished the puzzle at my grandparents, just in time before they head back to the Good Life.


That's all for the week. So excited for our visitors this week!!!!! Expect some excitement next post! Until then, hope you all are having a great time!

No comments:

Post a Comment