Sunday, October 13, 2013

Teriyaki Chicken

Hi friends!
Here is my recipe for Teriyaki Chicken for two. Substitute as you see fitting. I chose not to use the wok tonight. This recipe is pretty much fail-proof.

8 oz chicken (we like to grill it on our George Foreman and season how to we. We usually put a little bit of sesame seed, Herbed Poultry seasoning and minced onion.)
2 servings prepared rice
vegetables of your choice (This time I used sugar snap peas, frozen peas and carrots, onion, and yellow bell pepper. But we use different vegetables depending on what we have on hand.)
~ 4 T. teriyaki sauce

Cook and grill the chicken as you normally would.
Cook the instant rice according to the box.
Cook the vegetables according to the package.


Cook the onions and throw the bell pepper in right before the onions are translucent.


Your vegetables should look a little something like this.


Add the vegetables into the rice and stir.



Add some teriyaki sauce (there is only 15 calories per tablespoon so feel free to be a little generous here.
But we will add more later. I plan on using about 4 T total which would be 30 calories per person.)


Next I cut up the chicken. I like to cut it smaller and add it to the rice and vegetables. Or you can always leave it separate and not cut the pieces so small. Your choice!


Then I added the chicken to the rice and vegetables. I also added a bit more teriyaki sauce.


Distribute evenly and you have a super easy, healthy meal for two!


Nutrition facts: 1 serving (half of this recipe) = 392 calories

P.S. I hope you enjoy our super vintage cook-top. Hopefully when we move our next stove will be a little more attractive for pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment