Thursday, October 10, 2013

And so it begins...

Today marks our fourth year dating anniversary. I felt it was fitting to look back on the last four years and reminisce on our past. So let’s start from the night we started dating. Actually let’s begin with the night before…We were in Kansas City for one of our first Southwestern Events as managers, Fall Ball. On Friday, October 9, we were all hanging out at the Embassy. I was talking with some girlfriends and Matt came and got me. We took a walk, inside. Now if you have stayed at the Embassy at the plaza you know it is in a big square so we kept walking in a square. We walked, and we walked. Finally Matt got around to what he wanted to say. I remember going back to my room that night being totally confused on whether we were dating or not. The next morning we were in meetings pretty much the whole day. It was super awkward because he wouldn't sit by me nor did he say anything. We then broke up by schools so again I didn't get a chance to ask him. Saturday night we had planned to go out for dinner before the ball that night. As we were getting ready to go Jess kept asking me if we were dating or not. I said I still did not know so she said she would take care of it. After all, she was the one that pretty much set us up in the first place!



So Jess, Andy, Matt and I went to dinner and had a great time. We then went over to meet up with some more people from our group at the Cheesecake Factory. I remember Jess and I went upstairs to the bathroom and she said she would ask him now. We were coming down the stairs at the same times the boys were coming up. We stopped in the middle to chat and Jess just flat out asked Matt, “So are you two dating?” I quickly responded “no.” I have never seen such a look. Matt seemed pretty baffled but recovered quickly. He said we would be soon. Of course I was anxious. We headed over to the ball and were hanging out with lots of friends for the next couple of hours. Finally we were dancing and it turned to a slow song.



During the song, I couldn't tell you what it was, I know that would pry make the story a lot better right now, he was saying things like, “So we aren't dating?” I kept saying no. Now don’t be feeling sorry for him, he had basically already asked me out twice at this point and I was still hanging around him…Once it was a “hypothetical situation” in which I said yes. And the night before it was, “we can make this work right?” As in we could make driving back and forth between Lincoln and Kearney work because that was going to be sssoooo hard…So we get to this moment. And finally he says it, “So do you want to go out with me?” (Okay, I’m sorry I don’t actually remember his EXACT words, so that could be a misquote….See why I am doing this now, I will soon forget everything!) Anyways, I said yes. And then we were officially dating.




Four years ago, I never would have guessed that one eventful weekend would lead to the life we have now. I am forever thankful! 

No comments:

Post a Comment