Friday, October 4, 2013

Engagement

Matt and I took a trip to New York City February 24-26 to see Matt's host family, Tim and Cortney from New York. While we were there we also met up with some other friends including my host family, the Cavanaughs, from Connecticut. We had a great trip and had lots of fun meeting with friends.




 But let's get to the proposal! On Friday night, we were eating dinner with Matt's host family and their friends. All day Matt mentioned wanting to go ice skating at Rockefeller Center and take a carriage ride through Central Park, his favorite place. I was really tired so we left dinner a little early. It had rained that day and was pretty cold so we skipped the ice skating. We took a cab to Central Park, but unfortunately the roads in Central Park were closed so there were no more carriage rides for the night. We ended up walking instead, which worked out much better! We walked down the mall talking about our relationship. 




Then we walked so we were standing between the Bethesda fountain and the mall. For a few months, Matt has been asking me, "Are you sure you want to be with me forever?". (He calls it his "trial-close," a sales-term we learned in Southwestern.) He said to me, "Okay, this is my last trial-close, are you sure you want to be with me forever?" I said yes, so he got down on his knee, pulled out the ring and asked me to marry him! It was very fun and romantic to be alone in New York City! We enjoyed the rest of our weekend in NYC and told our friends about the engagement on the way home.



No comments:

Post a Comment