Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Parent's Getaway weekend

Last week I was excitedly awaiting my mom's visit for the weekend. When I got to the airport to pick her up, my dad walked out with her!! It was such a wonderful surprise! Their flight was a bit delayed but we ran over to Ice Cream Sammies for some yummy dessert! We sat out back to enjoy the beautiful backyard and first night of perfect weather.


Saturday morning we took a hike at our favorite South Mountain trail.  


Matt and I were twinsies in our Concordia shirts!


Made it to the top! 


Matt was super excited to wear his new Nebraska shirt from Left on Dodge Supply Co. which is a business our very best friends started!


Go Huskers!


My dad and Matt headed out to a Husker bar to watch the game. They even got to release balloons after the first touch down!


My mom and I went up to junk in the trunk vintage market. There was so much to see!


I ended up with several goodies! It was so hard to choose!


Saturday night we headed to TopGolf. It's my dad's favorite place!! The moon was huge as it was rising in the night.






Then we were off to my mom's favorite place, Bahama Buck's!


Sunday they surprised me with going to the Cardinal's game! The boys played some catch before we left.


We set up a fun little tailgate and had a few other fans stop by.




Matt smoked the most delicious brisket yet!



As we were walking to our seats I couldn't help but get a picture of this guy's jersey as he was walking with his family, Beer 30.


We sat up pretty high and were able to see really well! We got there just in time for starting lineups. It was insane!


We could feel the fire from our seats; I can't imagine what it felt like on the field!



The first half was crazy! The Cardinal's were crushing it! 


The game was lots of fun! On our way out, Matt got stopped by one of the security guards.


Here he is-taking him away!


Actually he noticed Matt's Husker shirt, and he was a retired superintendent from Nebraska! We had lots of mutual friends. It is always fun to meet a fellow Nebraskan which happens fairly regularly as Matt wears Husker gear as often as he can!
I had such a great time with my family!! I hope another visit happens soon! ;)
As always, thanks for reading, friends!

This popped up as my verse of the day on Monday, and I felt it was too good to not to share.






No comments:

Post a Comment