Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Working on the Surface of the Sun

Hello friends! Hope you are enjoying you cool weather! It may not feel cool to you, but I'm sure our temperatures are hotter! ;) I have spent most of my time working since we came back from our weekend in Nebraska. Some days have gone better than others, the heat is not helping. Most of my clients age out of our program at age three. This summer I will have over 30 kids age out!! One very sweet family gave me this card on my last visit. It was filled with thank yous from each family member and five things they have learned over our therapy visits. It was precious! They also baked up some delicious chocolate chip cookies I am a little ashamed to say I ate in two days!


One of my co-workers is out for a couple months after having surgery. She does not do well with doing nothing so I have been trying to send her pictures throughout the day. Now all of you can see what I have been up to at work! Shoe tying with this girl is a major deal.


This girl enjoys taking my phone and taking pictures of me and her stuffed animals. On this day, we got one of her deer. I can't remember the name because she told me three different ones so she might not be as attached to it as it appears!


I have also had three families have a baby in the last month!


Jadyn gave me a Cheesecake Factory gift card for my birthday. Matt finally took me out on that date last week!


Our neighbors went on vacation and asked us to feed their dogs. We also took them for a few walks early in the morning. You can hardly see me in this picture because Dodger wanted to RUN! It was kind of fun hanging out with the dogs for about 15 minutes a day...no dogs in our future unless they can live at the neighbors!


We spent lots of time in the pool because as you can see, it was hot!



I'm not sure if you can read this, but my car read 124 for a (literal) hot second!


Last week I helped at vacation bible school. Our church created the entire program themselves. One pastor told the kids a story of the entire bible via a parable told in the form of a bedtime story. The set they made was incredible! We made stamped metal necklaces in crafts, sang lots of songs, and played games. We were team purple so I busted out all the purple I could find all week. Thursday night there was a dinner theater to cap off the week by retelling the entire story in a modified play form. It was a really awesome way to hear the story of the Bible. They will be working on turning this story into a children's book next!


Stay cool my friends!



No comments:

Post a Comment