Sunday, March 22, 2015

Joel and Jess Visit

Well friends, so much for getting caught up! One of these days I will get back on track. It has been one crazy week for us. Almost anything that could break did, and our March Madness bracket isn't looking too good already. I know because I get updates from my sister, the scorekeeper, who also just so happens to be in the lead...
Before all that happened we had a wonderful time with our friends Joel and Jessica. Today is the perfect day for me to recap that to remind me of all the good that is happening!

They came on Friday night. Before they got here, my aunt DeDe arrived to drive my grandparents back home after a winter in the desert. We went out for Mexican and enjoyed some good company before picking up our friends. Once Joel and Jess arrived, we took them to a local rooftop bar to enjoy the weather. The next morning we woke them up super early to go on a hike. Jess had been asking to go to the Grand Canyon because she has never been. For weeks we were telling her we couldn't go because it was too far. We planned to go to Sedona instead. After a few hours in the car, Joel couldn't keep his mouth shut anymore. He HAD to spill the beans!! SURPRISE!!! We were in fact going to the Grand Canyon!





I don't think I will ever get over how gorgeous and spectacular this place is!










We hiked down about two hours and turned around. I was expecting it to take twice as long to come up, but we made it in about the same amount of time.







We stopped in Flagstaff for some pizza on our way home. It was delicious and much needed! We were plenty tired and it was only their first day here. 

Sunday we took them to a Spring Training game, Rockies (Matt's team) and Royals (Joel's favorite team, and Matt's second favorite team-however that part was not shared). It was HOT!! We brought a blanket and sat out on the berm. Somehow the Rockies pulled out a win, first one I've ever witnessed...


After the game, it was time to cool off so we took them to our favorite dessert shop, Bahama Buck's. We have upgraded to the avalanche size now when we go. It's HUGE!!!!


Monday my grandparents were leaving to head back to Nebraska. We celebrated with one last meal. It was so nice having them down here for a while!
Tuesday night we took Joel and Jess to TopGolf. We had so much fun! 



It was St. Patrick's Day. As you can tell, some of us did our part in celebrating the holiday! ;)


On our way back we took Joel to his fist visit to Chick-fil-a. I could eat that every day!!!!

It was so great to have some more friends to entertain. We hope they enjoyed themselves and will come back again soon! We are welcoming warm weather down here. This weekend we drained, cleaned and refilled our pool. 



If it would have been full, I really think I would have gotten in. Well I did get in, but it was only up to my ankles so I'm not sure if it counts. I guess my promise of waiting until May might get broken soon! We also spent Saturday at the Chandler BBQ Festival. There was BBQ from all over the US. We enjoyed some mighty fine BBQ and The Eli Young Band concert with some friends. 


Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment