Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Fall=football and crafting

Hello again friends! And just like that, it's been almost two weeks since I have written another blog post. My neighbor Jenny had a brilliant idea several weeks ago for Matt and I to come over all day on Sunday. The boys could watch football, and their daughter Abby, while Jenny and I make cards on her cricut all day! I had that day in my calendar as cricut day for nearly a month!! I was so excited!! In other news, I have been working on perfecting my chocolate chip cookie cakes (more on that in another post). So I made one to take over there, and friends, it was SSOOO fun!!!
We were playing games with our neighbors that Saturday so I showed Jenny the original picture of the cake. Turns out they like frosting as much as we do so I added a bit more to it before I brought it over! For me, you can never have too much frosting!


Matt and Abby had a great time playing outside!


Jenny and Alexa had a great time playing inside!





We were seriously there for 10 hours straight! I had a blast, but I was getting tired at the end. While I was finishing my last few cards, these smiley faces stay on my board!


I thought it was so cute! After 10 hours of card making, here is what I came up with! 


And here are both of ours combined!!


It was seriously the best day ever for all of us! We munched on yummy food all day, the girls made crafts, and the boys sat around and watched football. A win for everyone!
On Wednesday of that week, Jenny and I planned another craft night. This time, we went to a local art studio and painted pottery! It was such a blast!! Here is what I came up with.



And I had to take her to Ice Cream Sammies because it was right next door, and how can you refuse cookies and ice cream when they are next door??


Then on Friday we thought we needed more crafting so I went over to make a couple more cards! Three nights of crafting in one week sounds like the best week ever to me! 


I picked up our fired pottery pieces the other day. They turned out great!! I LOVE Jenny's Arizona sunset bowl! We will be eating lots of guacamole out of that thing!


And here is a closer look at mine! They had these patterned stamps you could use. There were some really cute paisley ones which is what I tried on my small ring holder plate. It is hard to see, but it turned out pretty cute.


I changed my chalkboard sign for the fall, and added my newest creation next to it!



In terms of looking at regular weeks (i.e.-no vacation, days off, etc.) this one may have just taken the cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment