Sunday, February 21, 2016

Nolan Visits: Farmhouse Table

While Nolan was here Matt and I did work for a few days. While we were at work we put Nolan to work on building us a farmhouse table. I had found a pattern I loved a few months back. Nolan made some benches for my parents over Christmas break so I knew he could help us with this. He did an unbelievable job!!!


I came home during lunch to see him making lots of quick progress!


And when I got home, he was basically done!


A huge shout out to our neighbor for letting us use a bunch of his tools!!


The following day he built the benches to go with it. Then we got to staining!



Nolan came and went, but the table continued to stay in the garage. I put several coats of lacquer on to seal it and make it smooth. About 10 days later we got it moved into the house. Another neighbor helped us out! Thank goodness because it was heavy!! Now it is home sweet home!



And now I have been working on finding table decorations, but it's all fun, right?!
The last day Nolan left, our washing machine broke. Long story short, we bought a new one and built a pedestal for both pieces. Our washing machine is HUGE!!! As an OT, I know how important it is to be ergonomically correct in all of our movements, and the height of this pedestal certainly helps with that. I hardly have to bend over at all when changing the laundry! And my laundry basket fits perfectly underneath it!! 


Hope you enjoyed the mini-tour of our little home sweet home! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment