Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Memorial Day

This is my 100th post!!!!! I was planning on doing something really fun like a list of my 100 favorite things. I began working on it a little late and decided I was just wasting time. So instead, I thought I might as well get to sharing this with you! I definitely have a few favorites to share from this post. One of my absolute favorite things is travelling especially with family. Matt and I went to one of our favorite places-La Jolla! Life is good in La Jolla! So here we go-enjoy my 100th post!

We spent our Memorial Day weekend in San Diego. Last year, we headed to San Diego for some fun and had such a blast we couldn't wait to go back! One of our favorite parts last year was relaxing on the beach in La Jolla. This time we decided to make the beach the majority of our stay. We booked a hotel way back in January (we were a tad anxious) right on the beach in La Jolla. Holy cow did we have fun!!!

First of all, I know I just said I don't normally take picture of hotel rooms. That may be changing as we grow up a little and actually book hotels worth showing off. Yes, this one was a little old, but it was HUGE!!! It was definitely bigger than our past couple apartments. And the best part, it was yards from the beach! Last year we hung out at the beach our room overlooked. 

On our drive we experiences a pretty cool sunset near Yuma.


Saturday we woke up to this view.


Matt was sitting on the couch and enjoying the view while watching TV.


We enjoyed a rooftop breakfast with an incredible view.


 It looked like this.



Then we headed over for a hike at Torrey Pines State Reserve. We began walking on the beach. I think this will make a pretty cool picture in black and white. Don't you agree?


 The rocks scattered throughout the beach were so colorful which made it so pretty.




We went up to the top and hiked down to the ocean.



We saw some gorgeous views!








There were all kinds of people working out on the beach. I couldn't believe all the bikers around town, especially the ones on the sand.







Eewww!!! Some fellow hikers pointed out a snake!



We got a great view of the Torrey Pines Golf Course.




We headed back to the hotel for lunch. We had a surprise guest!



Then we headed to what we came here for. The beach.








The seals were up and about and ready to play.


That night we went and grabbed some take out from a cute little Mexican place.


So apparently the only times I get over 10,000 steps is when I go on vacation. That's a good enough excuse for me!


We took a stroll along the beach on Sunday morning.



There was an artist out painting.



The seals were out in full force.



Matt had read about a place where a bunch of paragliders took off from. We headed over there to watch them.




There was also a beach close by so we took a hike down to the sand.




We came back to the hotel to enjoy the pool and spa. That night we hung out on the rooftop to watch the sunset.


Monday morning we enjoyed our last breakfast on the rooftop. There were a bunch of kids eating at the same time. One girl became the ring leader to all her new friends. She took it upon herself to feed the famished animals. She came running out of the breakfast place saying, "Let's go feed those hungry birds!" We were laughing out loud!! A few minutes later we overheard her say, "Do you think birds like marshmallows?" My oh my, I hope the birds are well conditioned to human food! 
We headed back out to the beach to enjoy our last bit of relaxation. We set up camp and didn't move for a long time.


We took off that afternoon. There are some neat sand dunes along I8 so we took a little stop to check them out a little closer. 



We had such a great trip! I think we may end up making this an annual trip. I can't wait for next year!! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment