Thursday, May 18, 2017

Babymoon-Venice

We woke up in Austria, and I ate enough pastries for my daily intake of carbs for breakfast. Seemed like the perfect day for that as we were heading into Italy, the capital of carbs!!


As we drove into Italy, it was really foggy. Matt said he recognized driving on these roads in Need for Speed, except he always drove a Lamborghini, not a cool Skoda Fabia rental car! 


There were castles everywhere! They were also growing grapes like it was nobody's business. There were vineyards all the way up to the highway, as bountiful as corn fields in Nebraska.



We only saw two accidents on our entire trip, and one was shortly after we pulled into Italy. In both accidents, the cars were on fire. Not sure if their safety regulations are different in Europe or it was just a fluke. As we were driving Matt taught me how to shift a manual car. Except I only ever practiced with my left hand, so I will probably only ever be able to drive a manual in the UK!


We arrived in Venice to sun and pleasant weather!


We meandered through the streets of Venice, and it seemed like every time we turned around there was a new cathedral to view.





We made a stop along the Rialto Bridge to watch their transportation system at work.




We found more cathedrals! I can't even tell you the names of all of them because we saw so many. 




Then we headed down to St. Mark's Square to check out the Basilica and the Campanile.









We also found the Bridge of Sighs. 


We were about halfway through our vacation, and I was halfway through my pregnancy so I thought it was a good time for a baby bump photo! 


Check back tomorrow to see Florence, another one of our favorite stops!

No comments:

Post a Comment