Sunday, November 22, 2015

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

Hello friends! I hope you are all adjusting to the changing weather. Ours went from really hot to real cold (for Phoenix), but we have had a few gorgeous days as of late. Well I was looking through my phone and noticed I took one picture in the last two weeks!! What have we been up to???? I will try to recapture it the best I can!
Two weekends ago we had another marathon hang out event with our neighbors across the street. Every time we hang out with them it seems like it turns into a marathon event! It's pretty fun! On Friday we headed over to their place for a bonfire and game night! Our Quelf game got pretty serious late into the night! Then on Sunday we had them over for supper and football. It is so awesome being friends with your next door neighbors! You really can't be late, and if you forget anything it is no big deal to run home and get it. 


That Saturday we did some more hiking at our go to place, South Mountain. I did not take any pictures since I figured you have all seen enough of those!
This past week was a busy week at work with early morning and late night appointments every single day. I am so looking forward to Thanksgiving for a little break! Friday we finally made it to a little pizza place several people had told us we needed to go. They were right, it was so good!! We filled up on appetizers and had enough for lunch the next day! Saturday we had some friends over for a bonfire. They had to leave early to pick up their daughter from the babysitter so we headed to Tempe to meet up with one of Matt's friends that was in town. We enjoyed a nice game of bags, and I am happy to admit I actually scored points this time!! 
I spent most of Sunday giddy with excitement of the holiday season approaching us. The Christmas cards are ordered, our Christmas party is planned, office parties are RSVP'd to, Christmas cookie ingredients are purchased, and a whole bunch of other holiday things are on the calendar. 


Our church is participating in an Angel Tree, and we were so excited to get involved! For those that have not heard of this program (me until last week), you pick a child to buy a present for who has been orphaned due to their parents being incarcerated. We chose to get a gift for a baby girl. 


I cannot wait for Thursday to enjoy some time with some dear friends but also to begin our Black Friday shopping and pull out the Christmas decorations!!! The holidays are near my friends, get ready!! 38 days and counting :)


No comments:

Post a Comment