Sunday, November 30, 2014

Pool and a Tailgate

So now we are almost all caught up! This weekend (whoops, this is now two weekends ago) [now three weekends ago, but I just wanted to prove I did have this written-just forgot to publish it!] ended up being busier than expected. We woke up Saturday morning with nothing planned. We went out for a walk and Matt saw some guys playing basketball. He went and played for a while, and when he got back he felt he needed a dip in the pool.





 We do not have a pool heater, and it was the middle of November. I will probably not get in until May. I stayed on the side to work on some blogs and shopped for curtains.



Later that morning, his friend, Graham had texted him telling him they were tailgating for the ASU game. We have been trying to go all season, and it has never worked out. They were playing Notre Dame so it was supposed to be a huge game. 
We decided to take the light rail. Apparently so did everyone else...


Turned out it was pretty smart. Once we got there I saw parking for $40! I wouldn't have even paid that much for my ticket into the game!! We met Matt's friends and were able to hangout with them for a little while before they headed into the game.


We parted ways after the tailgate, they went to the game and we left. We saw the blimp on our walk back!


We went and turned in our keys to our apartment. No turning back now! 
By this point, we had walked well over 5 miles and were super tired. We headed back home and our downtown was having a little event of some sort. It had a really catchy name, but I can't tell you what it is anymore. We walked around (AGAIN with the walking!) for a while to check everything out.


 Following the festival we thought we needed a fire. We bought a desk off Craigslist a few months ago. It was HUGE, heavy and obnoxious. It was really a pain to move. We decided we were so done with that desk. Matt thought we should re-sell it. I said I am never moving that thing again so if anyone bought it there was no way I was going to help them haul it out. So we made a new use of it-firewood. Matt chopped it all up and we are now ceremoniously burning it away on the weekends. It was a great way to end our busy day-s'mores and a fire in our backyard.


I will attempt to get you all caught up again so be looking this week for some new posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment