Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Halloween Decor

This year was our first Halloween with trick-or-treaters. I was SSOOOO EXCITED!!! I wanted to try to put together a few fall decorations. Here is what I came up with.

I saw a post with some adorable lanterns filled with pumpkins I have been wanting to put together for a really long time!
I found the lamps at IKEA and the fillers at Hobby Lobby.


I plan to change these out seasonally. So simple!


I also threw our pumpkins on the table with a few leftover leaves.


I went to go buy pumpkins to put outside, but as I was looking I saw some fake ones for about the same price. I figured I can maybe use them for a few years. If nothing else, I can keep them out longer this fall than real pumpkins. They totally work for Thanksgiving too! I threw them on a pedestal and called it good. I had to have something so people knew to stop at our place on Friday!


Friday, I made sure I scheduled my appointments to get home early enough to not miss a single trick-or-treater. (I was about two hours early!) As soon as I got home, I opened our front door and got the candy ready!


I also made some festive food for Matt and I to enjoy while we were passing out candy.


I made this simple taco chili found HERE


and yummy scarecrow treats, found HERE
It was a great first Halloween. I was so happy it landed on a Friday! Hope you all enjoyed your Halloween (I know you have all probably moved on to preparing for Thanksgiving and Christmas, but it is nice to reminisce on the October fun, right?) Talk to you all again soon! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment