Sunday, November 24, 2013

BBQ Chicken Nachos

I figured I better get in as many BBQ recipes as I could while we still live in Kansas City. So here comes another! I must say I was a little worried how this one would turn out, but I think it was a great experiment. Let me know what you think! I will post updates as I modify the recipe.

BBQ Chicken Nachos
Serves 2
Calories: ~450

1 chicken breast
BBQ seasoning
Garlic powder
Ground Cayenne Red Pepper
~4 T. BBQ sauce
1/2 yellow onion chopped
1/2 tomato chopped
tortilla chips (2 servings)
1/2 c. shredded cheese
salsa

Defrost chicken and season with spices. I used BBQ seasoning, a little garlic powder and a quick dash of cayenne pepper. Cook the chicken, again we used our trusty George Foreman.


Cut the chicken. Put BBQ sauce into a bowl and add the chicken. Stir the chicken with the BBQ sauce until it is well coated-you may have extra which is good, just add it to top your nachos later.


Chop the onion and tomatoes. I used a yellow onion because they just had a sale for a whole bag for $0.99 so that's what I have on hand. Lay the chips onto the plates. Top with BBQ chicken. (Add a little BBQ sauce if you wish!) Next top with the onion, tomatoes and cheese. I forgot to defrost our cheese so I melted each plate in the microwave for 45 seconds. (I liked it that way best anyways!)


Top with salsa and enjoy! We were a little short on ingredients this practice round. Hopefully I can make more adjustments in the future. But for now, the recipe worked just great for us, especially for a relaxing Saturday night. Let me know if you have any suggestions!! Happy cooking!




1 comment:

  1. This looks divine!! Must try!!
    Cashew chicken recipe soon??? :)

    ReplyDelete