Monday, January 23, 2017

Birthday Dinner

Hi friends! Well it's happy birthday to me today. We did most of the celebrating this weekend. Saturday morning I headed to Vera Bradley for a sips and sweets birthday event. We had some yummy cookies and received a free gift. Saturday night Matt surprised me with dinner reservations at KAI! It's the only five star restaurant in the entire valley and only a few miles down the road from us. The restaurant is located in a hotel a couple miles off the beaten path, right in the middle of the desert. We arrived to the hostesses wishing me a happy birthday. It always makes me feel so special when people I don't know wish me a happy birthday! We waited in the lounge for our reservation time.


Our waiter was incredible! Our food was seriously delicious!! I had the buffalo and Matt went for the Elk Loin. What we thought would be one hefty main course, ended up being a five course meal! I didn't take many pictures as I felt it was too fancy of a place. There were only about 10 tables in the whole restaurant. We started with an amazing amuse bouche, followed by an assortment of breads, with a sorbet and raspberry sauce to cleanse our palette. Our main courses arrived and man oh man were they good! My buffalo fillet was on a bed of chili that was to die for! Then they brought out this desert centerpiece. 


Our waiter then poured a fancy tea over the centerpiece to release the steam. We didn't take pictures the first time so our waiter was actually so sweet and brought it out again! 




The waiter also asked what I would want for dessert and made a great executive decision! I ended up with a red velvet and beet cake over a chocolate ganache. I wasn't crazy about the beets, but the rest was amazing!!


I even had a candle to blow out!


Matt also got dessert. He had cornbread donuts and creme brulee. They were so yummy!! 


After dinner we walked around the hotel. It was beautiful!


We had such an incredible evening and felt like a million bucks. Just when we thought the night couldn't get even more special, the valet brought our car with two more bottles of water, more dessert, and a handwritten card from our waiter!


Best birthday meal ever! I am celebrating today by taking the day off work and hanging out with my friend, Jenny. We are having our sand volleyball team and neighbors over for dinner as well. See you all again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment