Thursday, December 10, 2015

Christmas Party and More Celebrating

We are all about Christmas over here! The Christmas cards are out! Our letter will be posted soon!


There is a list online that shows all of the good places to look at lights in the valley. I noticed one of my client's live in a neighborhood with a recommended house to check out. I made sure I drove by it this past week.


All of the houses around this one are totally dark! I'm not sure if you can tell, but they even decorated inside their house with special window boxes!!


Over the weekend, we celebrated with a Christmas party inviting our friends and co-workers. We had such a fun time! I kind of already feel like Christmas is over which makes it more exciting because we still have a few more weeks to celebrate!!
We had all kinds of food!! Lots of Christmas goodies!


For once, I took a few pictures!! 



We played some games; Headbanz is always a great party game!


We also played a few reindeer games! I found this questionnaire on another blog, and it was kind of fun. We wrote down our own answers as well as what we thought our spouse would say. It was entertaining to hear everyone's responses!


I also read about this next game on yet another blog. Matt explained the rules several times!


We played girls vs. guys so here there were getting ready to run! 


Each member ran down to Matt or myself, blew up a balloon and then stuffed it into the pantyhose we were each holding. It was much harder than I was expecting! Everyone went through twice, then the holder (me) put the "antlers" on my head while the whole team sang "Rudolph, the red-nose reindeer". (Yes I realize this picture is totally embarrassing so you are welcome!)


I saw a couple iphones out and filming, but those do not need to be shared! It was pretty embarrassing, but I think everyone had fun! We ended the night with a game of Things. We hope everyone had a great time! I asked a couple of our neighbors to come over on Sunday to help us eat some of the leftover food!! We will be eating Christmas cookies for months!
Sunday night, Matt and I went to go look at some Christmas lights. First we checked out downtown Chandler including the tumbleweed tree.


I had heard about a place not too far from us called Cherry Lane. We decided to check it out this year. It was intense! There were people selling hot chocolate and some carolers. There were so many cars!!


You can walk or drive so we decided to walk through. 


This house had a spot for a photo-op.


It was such a unique place. Every house was decorated in their own theme! This rocking reindeer was HUGE!


One house was having a bon fire on the front walk while their backyard was open to walk through. It told the whole story of Jesus, and I could tell it took A LOT of work!


They also had a train ride available for all the children!


I hope you are all enjoying this very special time of year! Check back again soon for our Christmas letter!

No comments:

Post a Comment