Sunday, October 12, 2014

A Wedding and Harvest

As most of you know, this past weekend we took another trip back to Nebraska. Several months ago when we were making all of our travel arrangements we knew we wanted to come home in October. I knew I would be ready to see my family again, and Matt wanted to help with harvest. My trip last month was not originally planned, but I am beginning to like this being home once a month. We will see how often that actually happens. But for now, it is great to catch up with everyone. I think I see more people now than when I lived there or even came home from Kansas City. I told my family it's a win-win. We get to live in a really cool place and see our family quite often!
As soon as we got there Matt was ready to head out to the farm. Look at my little farmer!


Friday, Matt was out farming again and my whole family all ended up in the same place at once. This hardly ever happens so I felt I should document it!


It was a bonus we were back for Homecoming. I have not been to too many of them since I graduated from high school. The cheerleaders danced at halftime.  












They did a great job! Sorry, night pictures don't always look so great on my phone :)


After the game they announced homecoming royalty. Congrats to all the winners!


After the game we came home for wedding cake. My mom has been graciously storing ours for nearly two years. She suggested that since Matt and I were both in town at the same time we should maybe eat it.  


I was so impressed-it was actually still really good. I only had one tiny, tiny piece at our wedding so I do not really remember what it tasted like. I think it might have been better the second time around!


Nolan thought it would be awesome to take a picture through another phone so this is how it turned out...



After our cake we headed up to the Homecoming dance real quick to watch them re-crown the royalty. 



Saturday morning Atlee had a volleyball tournament. It was another bonus I got to watch her play! Did we not pick the perfect weekend to come back?


That night we headed to my friend Skylar's wedding. It was gorgeous and so great to see tons of old friends. Here is the wreath I made for them! Hope they like it :)


After the wedding we met up with some old Southwestern friends. Of course I wish it could have been longer, but it was great to catch up. Hope we get to see them again soon!
Now it is back to the grind of work. Tomorrow our office is closed, but I have filled my agenda with my busiest day yet. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment