Friday, May 1, 2015

A Weekend of Triathlons

Last weekend Matt and I spent it apart doing our own version of a triathlon. What?!? Yes, you read that correctly. Matt had been planning his for a while and mine came up within the week. Matt posted a few things on twitter which you can find here: @matt4benson. He went up north near the Grand Canyon with some of his colleagues. The competition involved trail running, hiking, kayaking, mountain biking, geocaching, and a bunch of team challenges. Matt completed the mountain biking for his team. It sounded pretty intense, and it was snowing! 


His team came in third, and he was just a little bit excited. He is still wearing his medal on occasion...
My triathlon was a little more of a peaceful one. My friend, Sierra, had two tickets and asked me to join her. We completed a 5K (and let's keep in mind this girl has not ran in over a year), 90 minutes of yoga (I can't even tell you the last time I had done yoga) and meditation. It was Wanderlust 108. 


We began our day with a 5K. 



Let me proudly say I ran the entire time! Baby steps over here :)


We also enjoyed a little body art.


Then we began the yoga portion of the event. They kicked it off with a little dance party. Then we got our yogi on! 


There were so many people here!! I was surprised.  


We ended with some meditation. At the very end, it began to sprinkle. By the time we were done and headed out, it was raining like crazy! There was supposed to be time for some acro-yoga and other real crazy things, but we left before that got going. Here were some people warming up for that. No thank you!


We headed to Chop Shop for lunch and took a little walk around Tempe Town Lake. I am still a little sore from everything even today, and it has almost been a week! It was fun, and I think Matt enjoyed his time, too! Hope you all have a great weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment