Saturday, June 14, 2014

A week of strawberries

Hi friends! Long time, no chat. We have been somewhat busy doing boring adult things. Not much fun to share. Let me fill you in.

Last Friday we celebrated National Donut Day by trying out a new wave of doughnut shops-Fractured Prune. We watched them bake the doughnut right in front of us, and then we chose the icing and topping. My favorite was probably s'mores, but the strawberry shortcake was a close second. So yummy!

 

Last Saturday we volunteered with some of Matt's colleagues at Feed My Starving Children. 


We spent one quick hour putting food together and filling them into boxes as fast as we could. We had a great time. 


Our group packed over 100 boxes to send overseas to malnourished children.


Last night we went to Usery Mountain Pass for a Full Moon Hike under the strawberry moon. We took a two mile hike and had a ton of fun. The full moon was awesome, and I even walked with the moon guiding us without a flashlight for a while!


Some of our friends brought a black light and we were able to see some real live scorpions. It was our first encounter with scorpions and hopefully I don't ever get any closer to them than that! I didn't know some of them grew that big! And look at how they glow.


This is my last week of fieldwork, and then I fill be done with school forever!!! I cannot believe it! I will be studying for boards, and then no more studying! It's hard to believe the end of this long, difficult, rewarding journey is almost here.
Also we have started making our own wine from strawberries! It should be done in a few weeks. I will be sure to let you know how it turns out! Stay tuned for some new recipes coming soon! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment