Sunday, February 2, 2014

home sweet apartment

Now that we have been living here a month already (what!? Where has the time gone??!?!?) I decided it was time to show off the place.


 Entry way and breakfast bar



Welcome to our home. We hope you enjoy your stay!!

Kitchen




The door by the fridge leads to our laundry room and pantry. So much storage!!!

Dining room



My grandparents gave us their old dining room table and chairs. We were so thankful for that but wanted to make them our own. So we took on the project of reupholstering our dining room chairs. You can see how we did it here: http://madwifeskillz.blogspot.com/2014/02/reupholstered-chairs.html. Keep in mind, we are NOT professionals. It had been a while since I had used a sewing machine, and sewing upholstery fabric onto foam with upholstery thread is a little more difficult than regular sewing. But they turned out okay, and even through all the struggles we loved tackling the project together! In the background you will also notice, I FINALLY got our wedding picture into the window frame I bought forever ago.

Living room


Here it is. Our first big, fun purchase as husband and wife! A couch!!! We love it and use it everyday!! ;)



I have been wanting to make some coasters, and I finally got those done also. It's so great when I don't have to come home and study every night!




I followed the instructions from this site:
But the main thing to know is this: buy tile-we got ours at our local ReStore. They couldn't find the price so we just gave them $1 for all four. We also bought a piece of felt and two scrapbook pages that matched our living room decor. Get some Mod Podge and some foam brushes and you are all set! I used Mod Podge to glue on the scrapbook paper and felt. It did not work as great on the felt, but it doesn't need to stick on real great. I also tried hot glue, but that did not work at all. If you use Mod Podge, just make sure you put on a really thick layer. Super glue would probably work the best, but we didn't have any. I cut our scrapbook papers 3 1/2" x 3 1/2" for our 4" x 4" tiles.


Our travel wall. It includes some of our favorite places we have traveled together. Also our new lamp from our favorite place-IKEA!!!

Bedroom 








And this is the part we are still working on. We need to add a desk next to our dresser. The bathroom area isn't anything exciting so I did not include any pictures of that. All in all, we are loving our new place! Come down and see us anytime!





No comments:

Post a Comment