Saturday, January 4, 2014

I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore

The time has come. No more class, ever!! I start fieldwork rotations Monday. As you know, I am doing mine in Phoenix. Therefore a move to another state was needed. This marks our third state as a married couple within one year. We wanted to visit all 50 states but maybe we should change our goal to live in all 50 states! Nolan and I made the trip, on Matt's and my anniversary. I got KFC for my anniversary dinner, I did not complain! Hopefully though, Matt will still take me out sometime ;). The highlight of the trip was the cow crossing the highway in Kansas.


Thank goodness that didn't happen in Texas since the speed limit was 75 on a two lane highway. We made the trip in 24 hours and started apartment hunting as soon as we got here. Matt and my dad got here the next day. My aunt, uncle and cousins were here so we celebrated Christmas on New Year's Eve. The guys went golfing New Year's Day, and we headed to the Fiesta Bowl that night. It was pretty cool. We got free chips and salsa, and not all the seats were full so we each got at least two bags.



















We also ate at Rustler's Rooste. It was pretty fun. I had not been there since I was young. They have live music, country dancing, a steel slide, and it's on top of the mountain so you can overlook the whole city. We also got cotton candy to finish off our meal.


Everyone else went home so we spent the next day furniture shopping. We got some great design ideas. I took my first trip to a real IKEA; I think I will be back often!! We move in tomorrow so I will post photos of our new place once we get it ready. It may be awhile since I will slowly be decorating after work!
Hope everyone is off to a great new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment